Sales Cloud is a powerful tool for sales teams. It’s easy to get started and has a user interface that lets you manage your sales process with ease. Using Lightning Components, you can build custom apps to make managing opportunities easier than ever before.
What is Salesforce Sales Cloud?
Salesforce Sales Cloud is part of the Salesforce platform and built specifically for salespeople. It’s a cloud solution that can be accessed from anywhere, which makes it an ideal choice for today’s mobile workforce.
Sales Cloud is available in two editions:
- Sales Cloud–the entry-level edition of the product that comes with all the features you need to manage your leads, accounts and opportunities as well as close deals faster than ever before!
- Sales Cloud Enterprise–a robust version that provides deep integration with other products within the Salesforce ecosystem such as Service Cloud (work order management), Marketing Cloud (lead generation), Data Management Platform (data warehousing), Pardot Email Marketing Automation Software etc., enabling organizations at any stage of growth or maturity to meet their business needs more effectively through increased automation across multiple departments within an organization
How to get started with Sales Cloud
To get started with Sales Cloud, you’ll need to sign up for a free trial and create a new organization. You can do this from the Salesforce website or your mobile device.
Once you’ve created your organization, install the Sales Cloud app on your computer or mobile device and set up Lightning Experience by navigating through Setup > Customize > Look & Feel > Lightning Experience.
Now that you’ve got everything set up, it’s time to start using Sales Cloud!
The user interface of Sales Cloud
The user interface of Sales Cloud is made up of screens, components and fields.
A screen is an area within the application where you can see all or part of your data. In Sales Cloud, there are multiple types of screens including dashboards, reports and record pages (such as opportunities or contacts). Each type serves a different purpose but they all share similar elements like tabs and buttons that help you navigate between different areas within each screen.
A component is a specific piece of information displayed on a screen such as text fields for entering data into a field; checkboxes for selecting multiple options from drop-down lists; drop-down lists themselves which contain items such as dates/times or currencies etc.; graphs showing numerical trends over time etc.. The list goes on!
What is the sales process in Sales Cloud?
The sales process is a series of steps that a salesperson takes to sell a product or service to a customer. The steps of the sales process are different for each company, but they’re the same for all types of sale (e.g., cold calling, direct mail).
A typical sales process includes these steps:
- Prospecting: finding new prospects and getting them interested in buying from you
- Qualifying: determining whether or not your prospect has what it takes to buy from you
- Presentation: presenting information about your product or service in person (or via email) so that your prospect can make an informed decision about whether or not to buy it
Creating and managing opportunities
You can create opportunities from leads, contacts and deals. Or you can start with a blank canvas and create an opportunity manually. Either way, it’s important to understand how opportunities work so that you can take full advantage of this core Sales Cloud feature.
Opportunities have a predictable sales process that follows these steps:
- Create an Opportunity (the first step) – This is where you capture all the information about your potential customer and their business needs, as well as define what success looks like for this opportunity. The information collected here will be used throughout the rest of their journey through your funnel so make sure it’s complete!
- Close the Deal – At this stage in the deal-closing process, there should be no more questions about whether or not it makes sense for both parties involved in closing on a deal (buyer/seller). You’ve done everything possible at this point to ensure success; now all that remains is closing out contracts and getting paid!
Savvy Data Cloud Consulting can help your business be successful with Salesforce
Savvy Data Cloud Consulting can help your business be successful with Salesforce. We have the knowledge and experience to help you get the most out of your Salesforce investment.
In this article, we’ve explored some of the most important features of Salesforce Sales Cloud. We hope that it helps you get started on your journey to becoming a master salesperson.